Friday, September 6, 2013

Book Report - Rapunzel Untangled


Title: Rapunzel Untangled
Authour: Cindy C. Bennett
Length: 293 pages
How long it took me to read: 3 days

What it's about:
Rapunzel is not your average teenager.

For one thing, she has a serious illness that keeps her inside the mysterious Gothel Mansion. And for another, her hair is 15 feet long. Not to mention that she’s also the key to ultimately saving the world from certain destruction. But then she meets a boy named Fane, who changes all she has ever known, and she decides to risk everything familiar to find out who she really is.

Filled with romance, adventure, and mystery, Rapunzel Untangled is one story you won’t want to put down. Discover the true meaning of love and friendship in this modern twist to the classic fairytale.

The ending is the most important part: Definitely a happy ever after.

Last word: This was an easy, cute, fun read. Fane was adorable.

Spoilers after the jump:

I'm not all that familiar with the original fairy tale in that I haven't ever read it, only heard it, and my most recent experience with the tale has been watching Disney's Tangled.

I was a little saddened that she was rescued by the boy, but that's how the original tale went, so there's not much you can do there. Rapunzel was not very independent until she met up with a "cute boy" and I felt like he was her motivation, and that bugged me.

I waited months and months while the book was on hold at the library, so I was expecting something more. I felt that the story was a little simple.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment