Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today is the day I started

Now I can't get that Black Eyed Peas song out of my head.
I have been meaning to do this for awhile and actually started a blog years ago but, like most things in my life, I abandoned it after 2 posts. The first blog I started I attempted to be anonymous so that I could moan and complain about the people I love without them finding out. I have since come to the place in my life where I don't care what other people think of me, so perhaps I will be more successful with this blogging thing.
We'll see. Don't hold your breath. I haven't written in my journal consistently - ever - so I would hate for folks to be checking daily for updates. My therapist told me that I should write to help me with my depression. I used my journal for ranting, raving, whining and moaning, so this will be something of a public journal, I guess. Since I am mostly doing this for therapy and totally because it's the only thing I've found to have worked with my therapy, I am going forward. (make sense?)
Happy New Year. Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. hey, Ms. RantGirl -- good luck with the blogging! Like you, I started one about a year ago and abandoned it after one or two posts. But if you are going to give up on worrying about whether it is entertaining enough or good enough, etc (my obsession that killed me), and use it simply to express yourself, then there's no reason why you won't continue. I'll be cheering for you! If you want to read a brave posting about depression, The Bloggess posted one just a couple of days ago and there's been a huge response to it. You can follow her on twitter, read her blog at htt;//thebloggess.com or find her on facebook. I'm a big fan, as you can tell! Thinking of you and our highschool cheerleading days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin. Much love. You should know that when it's time to go somewhere, I yell to my boys, "G.O. Let's go!". EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. They hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! I've cheered that to my kiddos as well (and shockingly, I've shared some of our less-than-appropriate cheers with the boys!)!

    ReplyDelete