Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Report - Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Authour: Stephanie Perkins
Length: 372 pages
How long it took me to read: 3 days

What it's about: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

The ending is the most important part: The ending was a little too neat and tidy for my taste.

Last word:  This is a YA book written for YA audiences, and YA readers will really like this book. I am a little too old for this one. The story is cute and nice, though. I still recommend it.

Spoilers after the jump

I spent the bulk of this book jealous of Anna. I wanted to smack her for whining about having to be in Paris. While I saw her point, if I were in her shoes, I may have felt the same, but she acted like a brat throughout most of the book. I hope that the author made that intentional.

Anna did learn her lesson and grew from her experience, but I felt she was too rewarded in the end.

This is a nice, fun story, and I do recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment