Friday, February 21, 2014

Book Report - Buck up Little Buckaroo

Title: Buck-up Little Buckaroo!
Authour: Mary Ellen Edmunds
Length: 221 pages
How long it took me to read: 1 sitting

What it's about: It’s been a challenge to write a book about loneliness. I didn’t want to write one that would make someone who was lonely feel lonelier, or that would cause someone who seldom if ever feels lonely to say, “This isn’t my thing.” I have hoped to write a book that would help all of us—in our own loneliness, or in our desire to reach out to those who are lonely.

The ending is the most important part: I was very satisfied with this book.

Last word:  What a joy to read!! I recommend this book to every single human in the world. It will totally buck you up.

Spoilers after the jump

I bought this because I heard Mary Ellen Edmunds speak at the MTC one time and I instantly fell in love with her. She is so wonderful. Also, I like the title. Plus, there's a ladybug on the cover.

This book is a great cheerer upper. It's perfect for when you're down in the dumps and need to smile.

I know that this is not my usual type of book that I review, but I was really struggling getting through the book I was reading, and I needed something to lift my spirits. This fit the bill in spades.

It's easy to get through, packed with great advice - even for introverted cave people like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment