Friday, February 7, 2014

Book Report - Insurgent

Title: Insurgent
Authour: Veronica Roth
Length: 525 pages
How long it took me to read: 4 days

What it's about: Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.

Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever… because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.

The ending is the most important part: The ending was just what it needed to be; a cliffhanger.

Last word:  I spent a good portion being mad at either Tris or Tobias as they acted really stupid in this book. Really interested to find out how this series ends.

Spoilers after the jump

I didn't feel the connection between Tris and Tobias in this book. There was a lot of action, and no answered questions; in fact, I now have more questions. I'm really glad I don't have access to the third book, or I would not be getting anything done - I would be reading the last book. Fortunately, I have a life to take care of before I can disappear for a couple of days and read the final book.

There was a lot of what I felt was unnecessary violence and sacrifice in the story. I really need to know why, so I need to read the last book.

I can't believe how fast I went through this book. The action is fast, there is no down time in the story. It really moved. I really loved this.

No comments:

Post a Comment