Friday, July 12, 2013

Book Report - Walk Two Moons


Title: Walk Two Moons
Authour: Sharon Creech
Length: 280 pages
How long it took me to read: A Week

What it's about:
"How about a story? Spin us a yarn."
Instantly, Phoebe Winterbottom came to mind. "I could tell you an extensively strange story," I warned.
"Oh, good!" Gram said. "Delicious!"
And that is how I happened to tell them about Phoebe, her disappearing mother, and the lunatic.

As Sal entertains her grandparents with Phoebe's outrageous story, her own story begins to unfold — the story of a thirteen-year-old girl whose only wish is to be reunited with her missing mother.

In her own award-winning style, Sharon Creech intricately weaves together two tales, one funny, one bittersweet, to create a heartwarming, compelling, and utterly moving story of love, loss, and the complexity of human emotion.
The ending is the most important part: This book will make you laugh all the way through, then the ending will make you cry, but it's okay.

Last word: Usually, the longer it takes me to read a book, the less I like the book, however, I loved this book. It is funny and real and touching and wonderful. I recommend this book for anyone.

Spoilers after the jump:

I totally loved this book. It's poetic, and beautiful, funny, sad, and true.


Gram and Gramps were hilarious.

I think everyone has a friend like Phoebe; so paranoid, so crazy, so endearing.

The stuff with Ben was so sweet, so darling, so cute, and so true. 

The characters in this book are real and funny and great. I loved reading this book, even though the ending is very sad, it's very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment