Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Sophie's Choice of music


So DH dragged me kicking and screaming into the Sprint store and I ended up with a new iPhone 4. I love how our relationship works sometimes. He forces me into getting some new technology that I insist I don't need (I'd rather spend the money on shoes or tacos or nail polish), and then I realize that I don't know how I ever lived without said technology. See: iPod Touch.

(Unfortunately, he's created a monster because now I CANNOT stop thinking about getting an iPad Mini.)

Anyway, my iPhone only has 8 gig and my iPod Touch has 64 gig. (look at me all talking about gigs like I know what I'm talking about) My iTunes laughed at me when I tried to sync all my music onto my phone. My iPod really isn't that full, is it? Guess what, it is. So I had to all desert island my music and figure out what I couldn't live without, but what I ended up doing was choosing the music that I listen to the most when I'm at work, because that way I don't have to take my phone and my iPod to work. My old phone was so decrepit that there was no way I could have music on there even though the dudes told me I could when I bought it.

So here's my iPhone playlist*:

*I totally know that this will morph and change as I get bored of these songs and move on to something else.

Just kidding, there are 662 songs on my phone, so here's the gist:

Love playlist - These are mostly songs that I love, or have to do with love, or make me think about love, like Love Song for a Vampire by Annie Lennox, Miss Sweeney by Weezer, and Song for a Future Generation by the B52s.
Mellow playlist - Mazzy Star, The Sundays, Punch Brothers, Annie Lennox, Shakespeare's Sister, Stuff from the Twin Peaks and Sense and Sensibility Soundtracks
Summer playlist
Twilight playlist (consisting of the soundtracks from all the Twilight movies - and quit judging me!)
Perks of Being a Wallflower Soundtrack
Whip It! Soundtrack
Kick INXS
Decade Duran Duran
Endless Summer Beach Boys
Crazy For You Best Coast
Lights Ellie Goulding
Greatest Hits Eurythmics
Fantasies Metric
Blood Surgar Sex Magik and By the Way Red Hot Chili Peppers
Happily Ever After and Shiver Rose Chronicles
Strangeways Here We Come The Smiths
A Hundred Million Suns Snow Patrol
Country Strong Soundtrack (I told you not to judge me!)
Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack
The Blue Album Weezer

As you can see, I would totally fail at the desert island challenge. Thank goodness for digital music, now I don't have to choose three CDs!

No comments:

Post a Comment