Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Favourite Places

My front room. It has my favourite chairs of all time, excellent light for reading, feels cozy, is quiet, is usally the cleanest room in the house, and is cool in the summer.

Crescent Beach, B.C. I have been going to this beach since I was a kid. It's family friendly, has a small vacation town feel, and is peaceful. I want to move there and live in a cottage when I retire.

Stanley Park - especially the Sea Wall and Second Beach

The Vancouver Art Gallery

There's this hidden little park just above Robson Square in Vancouver. I may or may not have taken an award winning bass player there to make out.

English Bay

My bed. It is cozy and soft and o so comfortable. It is a struggle to get out of it every morning. My bed is so amazing it deserves its own blog post. It's especially my favourite when I have certain boys that have the same last name as me snuggling in it.

Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii. It's this old whaling town and one of the first "cities" in Hawaii. There's this Banyan tree right by the ferry terminal that takes up a full city block. It's a really pretty place.

The entire island of Kauai. My favourite Hawaiian Island by far. I knew it would be, that's why I saved it for last and celebrated my 40th birthday on it. Plus it starts with 'K'.

Abravanel Hall, Salt Lake City, UT. Home of the Utah Symphony. I have had nothing but beautiful experiences in this building.

San Francisco, CA. I would live there in a second. It's like Vancouver, but in the United States.

Lake Tahoe. So much beauty. So breathtaking. The lake is amazing.

Mueller Park, Bountiful, UT. It's the closest thing to looking like home I can get to in Utah. When I've had a fight with my Darling Husband, and I need to get away, I drive up there and write in my journal and cry and feel homesick.

The Hill above the Bountiful temple. It's a great place to watch the sunset.

The Seattle Temple. So many excellent things have happened to me there.

The neighbourhood surrounding City Hall in Vancouver. This is my old neighbourhood. There are many old homes that are chopped up into apartments and I was living in one of those when I met my husband. It had been my dream to live in that neighbourhood and I'm really glad I did. I was at the corner of 11th and Alberta streets. I could see City Hall out my window. In fact, I always knew what time it was because I had a perfect view of the clock tower.

This is a really great list, but by far not complete. I will have to re-visit this topic, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment