Friday, May 18, 2012

Inspiration

Things/places/activities that inspire me:

  • Beauty – sunsets, nature, fabric, a well groomed brow, a pretty dog, a car, art, photography, shoes
  • Nail polish
  • Walking the dog
  • Cleaning the house – I can turn my brain off and just let it flow. Cleaning the house also cleans out my brain. Afterwards I have the peace of mind of having a clean house. 
  • Driving
  • Good music
  • A good song
  • Staring out the window
  • Weather – I don’t consider sun with no clouds to be “weather”. So this means wind, rain, snow, clouds, etc. When the sky is doing something. Speaking of which:
  • The sky
  • The change of seasons (except summer. I hate Utah summer)
  • Clean sheets
  • Flowers – cherry blossoms, daisies, roses, sunflowers, tulips, holly hocks, gladiolas, plumeria, wisteria, magnolia –but not star magnolia…
  • Orso
  • Writing
  • Reading what I have written
  • Sitting quietly
  • Peace
  • Weeding
  • The ocean
  • The beach
  • The smell of the air depending on the time of day and season
  • Certain people at certain times
  • Memories
  • My journal
  • Sewing
  • Drawing
  • Feeling loved

Thought this would be a nice point/counter-point companion piece to the uninspiration post of yesterday.

After I wrote the post about what caused me to be uninspired, it opened up a flood of the things that do inspire me and I thought it would be good/fun/productive/inspiring to write it down and post it.

Maybe these things can inspire you too. Perhaps they already do. Post in the comments what inspires you!

No comments:

Post a Comment