Friday, May 25, 2012

"Take a Shower, You'll Feel Better"

I can hear my mother's voice in my head right now telling me that. Isn't it nice that our mother's voices are in our heads so that when we grow up and move away from them they can still be with us?

I remember whenever I would be feeling in a funk and wandering around the house and whining about whatever, my mum would say "Go take a shower, you'll feel better." I would so totally roll my eyes at her. How boring is that. Take a shower, that's dumb. Okay, I'll take a shower, but it won't help.

Okay, so it totally did help. The warm water, the sound, the smell of my body wash, the starting over feeling.

I used to work really close to where I lived, and if I was having a crappy day, I would go home and take a shower and give myself a do-over.

Sometimes you get up in the morning, and you're just not in the mood or whatever and can't think of anything to wear and you're having a bad hair day and there's nothing good on the radio and the weather was forecasted to be one thing and it's totally not doing that thing, and traffic sucked and you forgot your lunch and nothing sounds good. You know what I'm talking about. So you just wish you could go back to bed and start over, right? Well you can get that feeling if you take a shower.

Sometimes I come home from work and take a shower so I can start over. I should have done that today. I would have felt a lot better about what I did get done versus me brooding over what didn't get done and letting the negative things in my life affect me.

I have somewhere to be early in the morning tomorrow, so my plan is to get up extra early and take that shower and spend extra time getting ready (that ALWAYS makes me feel better). Every time I make this plan I fail at getting up extra early, so we'll see. I am really motivated to make this work for me right now, but we'll see after spending seven and a half hours in my comfy comfy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment