Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things


*Sorry for the earworm

I posted over there about some favourite things and it inspired me to post over here some of my favourite things.

I know that it’s kind of high school girl to post my likes, but in my head I range between the ages of fourteen and seventeen, so nyah!

Colour: Red. Hands down. I love red.

Flavour: Cherry. I can eat pounds and pounds of cherries and not ever get sick. Cherries are my favourite.

Letter: K

Band: INXS

Song: Too hard. Too many to choose from. Too many variables as it depends on the situation and my mood and the time of year and the weather etc. This would be a post all on its’ own.

Song from my favourite band: “Never Tear us Apart”. No question. I could listen to this song every day. Desert Island song. Second runner up is “The Loved One”. I sing this at the top of my lungs every time I hear it. I can do this because it’s not a popular song, so the only time I hear it is when I play it.

Season: Autumn

Place: This one’s hard. There are a lot, but I’m gonna go with Ke’e Beach on Kauai. Baby Beach (also Kauai) is a close second.

Tree: Arbutus (Madrone in the U.S). The bark sheds and the bark underneath is red. They can only survive within 10 kilometers from the ocean. Just like me. Second place is the cherry tree, but only when in bloom or when full of fruit.

Perfume: Calvin Klein “Euphoria”. Close second is “Eternity” also by Calvin Klein.

Flower: Sunflower, Plumeria, Daisy, Tulip, Gladiolia. There are more, but those are my top 5.

Book: I could be all highbrow and say “Sense and Sensibility” by Jane Austen, which is true in that it’s definitely my favourite Austen, but if I’m being honest, the book I’ve read the most and can read over and over and over again is “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer. Don’t judge me, it’s an excellent escape.

Narnia: “The Last Battle” although it’s a bit of a sophie’s choice between that and “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe”

Harry Potter: “The Prisoner of Azkaban” –finally Harry gets some hope! Unfortunately it’s the last bastion of hope before it all goes to heck.

Star Wars: “A New Hope” –it will always be the first in my mind. The first time I saw it was when I was five years old, we saw it at the drive in, the Storm Troopers terrified me, and I thought Peter Cushing’s Grand Moff Tarkin was more scary than Darth Vader.

TV Show: “The Good Wife” and “Mad Men” total tie.

Movie: “Rebel Without a Cause” –James Dean had me at “you’re tearing me apaaaart!”

Adaptation: “Pride and Prejudice” – the one with Keira Knightley. It’s so beautifully filmed and don’t argue with me: Matthew MacFayden is the best Mr. Darcy EVER.

Fashion Designer: Ralph Lauren

Shoe Designer: John Fluevog

City: Vancouver B.C. (close second is Lahaina, Maui and San Francisco, CA)

Sneaker: Converse Chuck Taylors. It’s like they’re made for my feet. I have owned a pair of classic black high tops since Grade Ten.

Cut of Jean: Straight leg.

Type of Jean: Levi’s 501’s button fly. They are so comfortable!

Dog: Orso, my German Shepherd

Team: The Vancouver Canucks. I don’t follow any other team sport but hockey. I AM Canadian, after all.

Place I want to live when I retire: Crescent Beach, B.C.

Brand of nail polish: O.P.I.

Ice Cream: Baskin Robbins Rocky Road and Cherries Jubilee. (a tie, not to be eaten together… hmmm… I’ve never tried them together… might be good…)

Ice Cream Treat: Haagen Dazs Chocolate/Dark Chocolate bars – the reason I gained 20 lbs when Dewey was in the hospital.

Chocolate Bar: Milky Way

Soda: Dr. Pepper

Guess that’s enough narcissism for now. What are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment