Thursday, May 16, 2013

Book Report - Beautiful Creatures

Title: Beautiful Creatures
Authour: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Length: about 600 pages
How long it took me to read: Like, 4 days!

What it's about: Gatlin, South Carolina is as boring as it gets for Ethan Wate - until mysterious new girl Lena Duchannes comes to town...

My take: Holy crap! I loved it! I could not put it down. I have always been interested in the Southern Gothic genre, but Interview with the Vampire turned me off so much. I was also wary since the movie didn't do so hot, but I thought I'd give it a try. The story flowed so easily. I could relate to the whole new girl in high school, high school mean girls, boy looking for something outside of his usual realm deal.

The ending is the most important part: So at first I totally hated the ending as it was a total cliff hanger and nothing was resolved. I was so mad because I was in love with the book right up until the end. Then I realized that there are two more books and a short story in the series. Yeah, I have the next book on hold at the library ready for me to pick up!!

Last word: Totally read it. I recommend this to everyone. I'm looking to rent the movie even though it had such bad reviews. The first Twilight movie was terrible too, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment