Friday, May 24, 2013

Book Report - Beautiful Darkness

Title: Beautiful Darkness
Authour: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Length: 503 pages
How long it took me to read: 3days!

What it's about: The continuing story of Gatlin, South Carolina and Ethan Wate and Lena Duchannes. Uncle Macon is dead and Lena is depressed and pushes Ethan away, but Ethan can't let Lena go so easily...

My take: Since Beautiful Creatures ended on such a cliff hanger, I was really happy to not have to wait for 95 people to read the sequel before I got to it like I did with the original book. I only had to wait two days for the book to become available at the library. The beginning was slow and answered nothing, but after the first 100 pages, all this new stuff was introduced, and I needed to find out what happens next, and then what happens after that, and then that, and so on. I totally could not put this book down. I was reading one night, looked at the clock and it was 10pm. I thought I would read 'just one more chapter'. The next time I looked at the clock it was 12:15am!! Whoops. I would stay up past midnight reading, dream about the book, then wake up at 6am because I couldn't wait to find out what happens next.
The ending is the most important part: The ending of this one is a little more satisfying than the first book. If I needed to, I could take a break from the series, I'm not going to die if I don't find out what happens next, but I'm loving the series and have the next book on hold at the library.
Last word: Totally read it. I recommend this to everyone. This one is a little darker than the first book, duh, it's TITLE has the word "Darkness" in it! Link is one of my favourite characters, and there's a lot of him in this book. I can't believe that there are not more people hooked on the series like I am: i.e. I was number 95 when I put Beautiful Creatures on hold, but I was number 1 when I put Beautiful Darkness on hold, and I don't have to wait for Beautiful Chaos either.

No comments:

Post a Comment