Thursday, November 15, 2012

Man Handbook


I love holding hands with this man
So I was going to post this ranty men-are-stupid post about how DH was absent the day they handed out the Man-Handbook, but then I went to this Marriage Improvement/Family Communication fireside and it was stressed how we should not vent publicly about our spouses, so I’m just going to talk about how much I miss him because he is well aware of how I feel about this.

When Huey was born, DH changed his schedule so that he would be home during the day while I worked and he would work nights while I was home. That way one parent was home with the baby at all times. It worked out great as DH would come home for dinner and we could have family time at night. He usually worked weekends, so there were a couple of weeknights that he didn’t work so was home all night.

Lately he hasn’t been coming home for dinner, so we can go for weeks without seeing Daddy.

This sucks for many reasons:
  1. I am left alone every evening to do the running around and grocery shopping and laundry and dishes and dinner and blah blah blah…
  2. I feel like a single parent
  3. The boys miss their dad and they express it by acting out and fighting with each other causing me to constantly drop what I’m doing to referee.
  4. I have no time to myself. By the end of the day I am exhausted. I barely have time for the boys.
  5. I miss DH.
  6. DH is frustrated because he misses his family so he’s grumpy and takes it out on us when he IS home making me not want to encourage him to come home.
This used to work so well. DH would take the boys to the doctor and the dentist and do the grocery shopping and running around and dealing with the bills during the day. I would come home and do the laundry and the dishes and the cooking and homework, but lately it seems like everything has ended up on my shoulders. DH takes off on the weekend with Huey for Scouts sometimes, or he has other obligations, or he’s so happy to be with his family that he wants to go do some activity as a family which is a good thing but leaves me with zero free time.

He’s a really good guy. He gives the best hugs. He cares about things. He’s kind and honest and true and tall and handsome. I haven’t seen that side of him in a long time because I hardly ever see him when he’s awake. I miss having down time with him. Sometimes I can go for weeks without looking him in the eye. Usually it’s just days, but this is not acceptable.

The thing that sucks the most is that I have no control over this situation. It is what it is, and we just have to deal right now and everything about this sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment