Friday, June 28, 2013

Book Report - A Wrinkle in Time


Title: A Wrinkle in Time
Authour: Madeline L'Engle
Length: 203 pages
How long it took me to read: Three weeks

What it's about: Fifty years ago, Madeleine L’Engle introduced the world to A Wrinkle in Time and the wonderful and unforgettable characters Meg and Charles Wallace Murry, and their friend Calvin O’Keefe. When the children learn that Mr. Murry has been captured by the Dark Thing, they time travel to Camazotz, where they must face the leader IT in the ultimate battle between good and evil—a journey that threatens their lives and our universe. A Newbery Award winner, A Wrinkle in Time is an iconic novel that continues to inspire millions of fans around the world.

The ending is the most important part: The ending was the best part, a) because that meant that I was finally finished with this book, and b) there is a good message.

Last word: I didn't like it, but it's a good enough book and I can see why it's a classic. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Spoilers after the jump:

It really bugs me when people say that Bella really bugs them and that's why they hated Twilight, but now I understand.

Meg really bugged me. She seemed too hysterical, too emotional. I just couldn't get on board with her. I found her to be completely unrelatable.

It was also really slow going. Things picked up after they found the dad, so that was good.

I am a very visual person, but not a mathematical person, so I couldn't envision the math that's in the book, so that bothered me.

The ending is really good, even though it comes so quickly. I kind of wanted to live with Aunt Beast. The ending has a great message too, so I guess I recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment