Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I always feel like, Somebody's watching me


Maybe it was the fact that DH, Dewey, and I were watching Michael Jackson videos last night.

Maybe it was the fact that I knew EVERY. SINGLE. WORD (including Vincent Price's rap) to Thriller and where the verses took place in the video.

Maybe it was the fact that I was explaining to Dewey how I used to choreograph my brother and sisters and put on major lip-synching productions when I was a kid and he was a little impressed by and a little embarassed for me.

Maybe it was the fact that we were reminicsing about Michael Jackson and sad for his death and I remembered how I had saved up my babysitting money to buy my first album ever and that was Thriller.

But it was probably because this was the first song I heard on the radio when I pulled out of the driveway this morning and I just wonder:

What happened to Rockwell?

He was a musician, and Michael Jackson was friends with him, so he sang on this record with him, which became this monster hit, but then what? I had never heard of Rockwell before nor after this song, but I know he recorded music. I feel a Google/Wikipedia search coming on...

On another note: I have always been afraid to wash my hair only because I'm afraid I'll open my eyes and find someone standing there. This song did not help matters. My shower is glass and completely see through so that I can see if anyone dressed up as their mother and weilding a large knife is coming at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment