Friday, August 23, 2013

Book Report - Princess Diaries


Title: The Princess Diaries
Authour: Meg Cabot
Length:    283 pages
How long it took me to read: 2 days

What it's about:
She's just a New York City girl living with her artist mom...
News Flash: Dad is prince of Genovia. (So that's why a limo meets her at the airport!)

Downer: Dad can't have any more kids. (So no heir to the throne.)

Shock of the Century: Like it or not, Mia Thermopolis is prime princess material.

Mia must take princess lessons from her dreaded grandmére, the dowager princess of Genovia, who thinks Mia has a thing or two to learn before she steps up to the throne.

Well, her father can lecture her until he's royal-blue in the face about her princessly duty--no way is she moving to Genovia and leaving Manhattan behind. But what's a girl to do when her name is Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo?

The ending is the most important part: Wait, there are fourteen princess books? How am I ever going to read them all? The ending segued into the next book perfectly, and now I fear that I will never get to the end of the story.

Last word: Very enjoyable, I wish that I had read the books before the movie, and I wish that I had read them a long time ago.

Spoilers after the jump:

Well, the book sure is not like the movie. First of all, the father is alive and very involved in Mia's life. Second, Grandmere is nothing like Julie Andrews' character in the film. I had a hard time disassociating myself from the film, but once I did, I had a much more enjoyable time.

The characters are more edgy than the film, but totally likable. I had a lot of fun reading this book and would really like to read the whole series, but I fear I do not have the time as I'm certain I don't need to review every princess book on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment