Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Soundgarden Outshined

This song is of course now a classic and everyone knows this song and it's great and awesome and the best.

But there's this line:
I'm looking in the mirror
and things aren't looking so good...
This is exactly how depression feels. There have been times where I can't even look myself in the eye in the mirror. I see myself as if I'm outside of myself and I look like a complete stranger. Someone that I don't trust or know very well. It's very disconcerting to look in the mirror and not recognize yourself.

When I discovered this about myself I started forcing myself too look me in the eye. It was really, really hard at first. It scares me to admit this.

I am happy to say that I can look myself in the mirror more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment