Thursday, August 8, 2013

Movie V. Book - Warm Bodies


Follow the link for the IMDB page.

After R (a highly unusual zombie) saves Julie from an attack, the two form a relationship that sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.

Director: Jonathan Levine

Writers: Jonathan Levine (screenplay), Isaac Marion(novel)

Stars: Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, Analeigh Tipton
I had been interested in the movie before I found out it was based on a novel, but I read the novel first.

Book or Movie: Movie, but the book is good too.

Spoilers after the jump:

I loved this movie. It was so adorable. Nicholas Hoult is so lovely and genius in it!! Who knew I could like a zombie movie and root for the zombie! Yeah, you totally root for the zombies in this one.

The movie is better because it follows a more comprehensive story line. Visually, it's so awesome. The book just gives you all these theories about why the zombies are the way they are and how they cured themselves. The movie is more direct and I like the way they told the story in the movie much better. I discovered in the DVD extras that the novel was originally a short story and then was stretched out into a novel and that explains why there are so many ideas in the novel.

They also played out the Romeo (R) and Juliet (Julie) themes more obviously and I loved that. The book was more subtle, I didn't get it until I saw the movie.

The scenes in the airplane were my favorite by far.

The only thing that bugged me was that I pictured Nora from her description in the book as black, and she's white in the movie. That bothered me.

Watch this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment