Thursday, August 1, 2013

Movie V. Book - Speak

Follow the link for the IMDB page.

After a blurred trauma over the summer, Melinda enters high school a selective mute. Struggling with school, friends, and family, she tells the dark tale of her experiences, and why she has chosen not to speak.

Director: Jessica Sharzer

Writers: Laurie Halse Anderson (novel), Jessica Sharzer(screenplay)

Stars: Kristen Stewart, Michael Angarano, Robert John Burke

I will admit that the only reason why I watched this was because of Kristen Stewart was in it - I didn't know it was a book until much later. Kristen does a great job in this pre-Twilight made-for-TV movie.

Book or Movie: Book, but by a nose

Spoilers after the jump:

This was an excellently well done adaptation. The film closely follows the book and changes very little.  The absolute best scene ever is where Melinda goes home and screams into her clothes in her closet. You have to see it. I could absolutely relate; I cannot tell you how many times I did the very same thing.

You can find it on YouTube, I think. I just DVR'd it.

No comments:

Post a Comment