Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review – don’t let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.

O my gosh, I am so DONE with you, 2012.

Here are some things that happened this year:

  • I started a blog, then I started another blog. One is about the daily and the ranting and raving and whining and moaning, and the other is about fashion and style and fancy things.
  • I reconciled with Snow. I used to vehemently despise snow, but in the last few years, we have come to an understanding and that’s a good thing.
  • I also reconciled with Summer. Where I never had a love for snow and recently gained an appreciation for it, I used to love Summer the most and since moving to Utah had a major falling out with it. I’m happy to report that we are back together.
  • I tried and failed to lose weight and get healthier. Nothing has changed, nothing at all. At least things haven’t become worse.
  • I took a grown man down with my awesome boots and broke his wrist. All by accident.
  • I cut all my hair off and have kept it off. Usually once I cut my hair off I instantly miss all my cute hair accessories and immediately start growing it back. Sometimes, I even cut it all off with the sole purpose of growing it back out. I’m a weirdo, I’m okay with this. This time, I’ve been able to keep it short for three whole haircuts!
  • Nail polish has become my best friend.
  • I lost the cord to my laptop and wasn’t able to use it for five months.
  • I tried to write a novel and a book. I’m still trying.
  • I got bit by ants and discovered that I am allergic to all bug bites, not just bees and spiders.
  • I read a ton of books, I loved all of them except for Interview with the Vampire.
  • I took an unexpected and unscheduled trip to Vancouver and LOVED it.
  • All my other vacations sucked.
  • It’s been five years since tragedy hit our family and we’re all still alive.
  • I went blonde.
  • Huey turned twelve and Dewey turned eight which are banner years for kids belonging to our church.

Looking over this list, it looks like things were pretty okay. For the most part, they were, but things also really really sucked. There was a lot more whining and moaning and fighting and crying than I would deem necessary. I’m done with this year and so looking forward to lucky 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment