Friday, December 14, 2012

Check-in

I missed last week’s check-in because I was dancing around in Canada, so I will cover the last two weeks in this week’s check-in.

Physically: Tired. I think I’m coming down with something. Last week I had a headache every day for 4 days. I would wake up fine, but as the day progressed I would have a pounding headache. That was no fun. Now I have a sore throat and I’m so, so tired. I also have all over body aches due to the pending snow. I hurt my shoulder and now if I move a certain way I feel like I’m going to pass out from the pain. I had a horrible bought of vertigo this morning. I hate this time of year.

Emotionally: Happy. My trip was really good and satisfying and memorable. I got to see lots of family and friends that I haven’t seen in a long old time and they seemed to be happy to see me too. I’m not homesick any more. As much. Things are really awesome with DH and I. We missed each other sufficiently while I was gone and he supported me in leaving on my trip. He will be changing schedules starting after Christmas so he will be home in the evenings. We are feeling very celebratory about that. There has been a lot more hugging than usual and I am loving it.

Spiritually: Content. Due to travelling, I missed church on Sunday, but I was able to go to the Vancouver temple with my mum on Saturday. I have never been to a “Mini” Temple before. I loved that I got to do it in my home temple. The temple is built just up the hill from the ward that I grew up in, so it’s in my ‘hood. That makes me happy. I feel like I can look God in the eye.

Goal: My goal last week was no caffeine. Success! The headaches I was having were due to caffeine withdrawal – I’m pretty sure. Every time I have a craving, I try to remind myself of those headaches. They are so not worth it. I’ve been caffeine free for two weeks. It’s still hard, and I still have cravings, but I’m doing a little better.

My goal for this week is to have Christmas literally wrapped up. Decorations done. Gifts purchased and wrapped and under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment