Saturday, December 22, 2012

The best Christmas music in the world.

Behold! The Christmas music playlist.

I was wallowing in Scroogeland for quite some time, and after my Bah Humbug post, I decided to put on my big girl Santa socks and suck it up and enjoy the holiday for once in my life. Plus, I got Huey this really great shirt that I think he will totally dig and I can’t wait to give it to him!

I’ve been hearing everyone blogging and posting about the worst Christmas songs in the world, but I have decided to focus on the positive and list my favourite Christmas songs. I had been meaning to put together a playlist for some time to help me get in the Spirit this year, but I had just never got around to it.

The Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack – Vince Guaraldi This is the penultimate collection of Christmas music and the only thing I will tolerate at this time of year.

There are, however, some honourable mentions:

Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses

Little Drummer Boy – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Do They Know it’s Christmas? – Bandaid. And yes, I do own the recording on a 45” record as I purchased the single when it came out.

Winter Wonderland – Annie Lennox

Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana. Don’t ask me why, but every time I hear the Nevermind album, it reminds me of Christmas.

Dirty Boots – Sonic Youth. See explanation above.

We Three Kings – Sarah McLaughlin and the Barenaked Ladies

Silver Bells – Anne Murray. Don’t you judge me, I’m Canadian!

Oi to the World – No Doubt or the Vandals whichever, you choose.

The Little Drummer Boy – Bing Crosby and Davie Bowie.

Christmas Baby Please Come Home – Death Cab for Cutie

Mele Kalikimaka – Elvis Presley

Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley

Hazy Shade of Winter – The Mamas and the Papas

Fairytale of New York – The Pogues

Bullet with Butterfly Wings – The Smashing Pumpkins. See explanation for Nirvana above.

I also remembered that I bought red jeans! I put on those bad boys, cranked my special Christmas playlist, and got Christmas Spirited all up in here!

AND Christmas shopping? DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment