Monday, January 28, 2013

Go to the Doctor – go to the doctor some more.

I used to go to the doctor with one issue or another, and they could never find anything wrong with me. “Are you sure you’re not depressed?”, they would ask. Isn’t that just a nice way of saying, “are you sure it’s not just in your head?”
Now, every time I go to the doctor – not for an ailment, mind you, just for a check-up – they find something. So before, I would have complaints and nothing was found, and now, I have no complaints, but they find stuff. Sheesh.

I’ve been worried that my thyroid levels were not quite right, so I had it re-checked. Turned out it’s okay, but there are some other issues they’re worried about, so I have a couple of follow-up appointments and a new prescription to deal with. This new prescription is a hormone that I suspect is the source of the MONSTER headache that I’ve had since Thursday, but I only have to take it for ten days, so I’m okay with just toughing it out.

I’m fine, don’t worry. I just have to have some things checked out to make sure that I’m fine. The same thing happened the last time I went for a check-up and everything was fine then too. I’m glad I have a doctor that wants to catch things early just in case.

I’m not worried one bit, I’m just annoyed. I hate going to the doctor more than anything, and now every time I go to the doctor, I end up with three more appointments! Getting older is not as fun as I thought it was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment